Today was a big step in my pilot life. I got fly solo away from the airport to train steep turns. It was a lot of fun.
I believe procedures were pretty spot on . Appart from switching the fuel pump on after I started the steep turn, I believe I got everything right. Performance wise, not that great and a lot of things to work on. In order:
- More accurate altitude holding.
- Holding altitude and speed in the steep turns. It has to be more accurate.
- More precise in level changes, specifically today the decent to circuit altitude. It ended too low and too slow.
- Late in the turn on final. Turn too high.
- Forgot to call final on the radio. Thanks to the controller for clearing me on late final without me reporting my position.